Event Time: 7 a.m. – Noon at the Seward County Activity Center.
Lab testing begins at only $35. General admission is free. No pre-registration required.
What type of tests are available?
Free health screenings available at SWMC booths include:
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Clinical Breast Exams
- Spirometry Testing – measures lung function.
- Pulse Oximetry Testing – measures oxygen concentration in the blood
Free screenings offered by the Liberal Lion’s Club mobile screening unit include: visual acuity/vision screens, field of vision tests, blood pressure, blood sugar & hearing tests.
The following lab tests are included for $35. Anyone having testing done should fast for at least 8 hours prior to testing.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile – measures glucose levels, kidney function, liver function, and electrolyte and fluid balance.
- Lipid Profile – assesses risk of developing a cardiovascular disease.
- Thyroid Screen – diagnoses thyroid irregularities.
- Complete Blood Count – detects conditions such as anemia, infection and blood disorders.
Optional lab testing ($35 general testing, plus an additional $7 each):
- PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) – screens for possible prostate cancer.
- CEA (Carcinoembryogenic Antigen) – screens for possible cancers in women.
- HGB A1C (Glycated Hemoglobin) – monitors long-term glucose control (3-month average).
Your results will be sent by mail within 2-4 weeks. We do not provide health information to providers.
Influenza vaccinations will be available at the Seward County Health Department’s booth for a special event price (paid at their booth).
What else should I know about the Community Health Fair?
Many businesses and organizations focused on health and wellness will be available to provide information about their products or services. Concessions will be available at the Activity Center.
Cimarron Veteran & First Responder Services will cover lab testing costs for the first 100 veterans and first responders (spouses & dependents not included). Veterans are asked to present their military I.D. Veterans interested in testing may contact Chris Hickman at (620) 417-1679 for questions about eligibility.
This event is made possible through sponsorships provided by many organizations and local businesses in our community. As you visit these groups in the future, please be sure to send your thanks!
Questions? Contact Keeley at (620) 629-6335 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.