FALLS PREVENTION TEST
(CNA, WC, TECHS, MICT, LAB, XRAY)
1. Falls are the single largest category of reported incidents in hospitals.
2. What are the 2 goals of SWMC concerning falls?
3. Most falls are preventable.
4. Name the 3 types of falls:
5. Name 3 types of risk factors.
6. Non-modifiable intrinsic risk factors may include the following except:
Gender Race Smoking Age
7. A patient at high risk for falling is identified by what color clip on the bracelet?
8. Every staff member is responsible for helping to prevent falls.
9. Any employee that falls must complete an employee accident report.
10. Staff should be courteous and helpful in the event a visitor falls without accepting or assigning blame or responsibility.
11. The first person to see an object where it doesn’t belong is responsible for picking it up or moving it -- immediately
12. What is the meaning of the following color coded band clip – Purple & Red?