FALLS PREVENTION TEST
(NON CLINICAL STAFF)
PRINT NAME: __________________________________________
1. Falls are the largest single category of reported incidents in hospitals.
2. U.S. medical costs for fall related injuries equal $20.2 billion.
3. What are the 2 goals of SWMC concerning falls.
4. Most falls are preventable.
5. Name 3 types of risk factors.
6. Non-modifiable intrinsic risk factors may include the following except:
Gender Race Smoking Age
7. Smoking puts a person at higher risk for falling.
8. Every staff member is responsible for helping to prevent falls.
9. Any employee that falls must complete an employee accident report.
10. Staff should be courteous and helpful in the event a visitor falls without accepting or assigning any blame or responsibility.
11. The first person to see an object where it doesn’t belong is responsible for picking it up or moving it -- immediately
12. What is the meaning of the following color coded band clip – Purple & Red?